If you’re heading to Whistler for a skiing holiday then you’re in for a treat. Whistler is one of the most beautiful ski resorts in the world, and is massively popular with skiers and snowboarders of all ages and experience. Whistler has a world class ski school too – so it’s the perfect place to brush up on your technique.
It’s not just the world class skiing and snowboarding that makes Whistler so popular though. It’s the atmosphere, the amenities, the nightlife, the shops and the variety of resorts and hotels too. Whistler is a ski resort that delivers above and beyond what you imagine – and you’ll want to make sure you’ve planned your trip properly so you can be sure to take advantage of everything this amazing place has to offer.
If you’re heading to Whistler and you’re planning to hire your ski or snowboarding equipment, there are lots of options for you around the area. Renting your equipment is a great idea for many reasons, including:
- Less baggage fees at the airport
- Lets you travel light (good if you’ve got a full car already!)
- Renting often means you get to try new gear
- Renting means you get freshly tuned gear day after day
- Renting means you can swap out your skis for a different kind if you decide to go off-piste or try some tricks
So, where can you rent great gear in Whistler? We’ll go through your options in this article, so you can choose the right ski hire facility for yourself based on your wants and needs.
- A popular choice in Whistler, Whistler Blackcomb is also the official rental location for Burton Snowboards. So might be a great choice if snowboarding is your chosen sport.
- If you don’t want to venture out to get your boots and skis fitted, you can pay a little extra to have a ski valet come to your hotel or chalet. This option is very popular with families, as heading out when you’ve just arrived can be an unwanted hassle!
- Spicy Sports is a great budget choice, offering some great gear from affordable prices.
- Summit Sport is Whistler’s largest ski and snowboard shop so you can imagine the variety of equipment and the choice they offer. They also offer free gear exchange and free storage.
- Spirit Bear is a ski hire delivery service that can deliver your chosen ski rentals to any hotel or chalet within the Whistler region.
- This website / company offer rentals for winter clothing – which is a great idea if you’ve found your own ski outfit just aren’t fitting or performing right. They have loads of options to choose from too, to suit most personal styles.